Gosh it seems like only yesterday that I gave up drinking in what I like to call Dry August. That was in 2010. Quite a long time ago. I stole the term Dry August from the Dry July campaign that ran the month before. I’m a little slow at catching on to some things.
Anyway I’ve missed the boat again. I missed Febfast mostly because work is really stressful in February and all that crap about it being the shortest month means not a thing when you really need a drink at the end of the day. In my experience March is a much better time to give up the grog. It’s a primer for the liver right before Easter. OK, I’ll admit that I checked that Easter wasn’t in March before I began today’s abstinence.
So I looked back at the blog where I posted my alcohol free rantings and I’m looking forward to experiencing it all over again. Mostly I’d better drop a couple of kilos or I will be mighty pissed off.
Anyway these were the benefits in 2010. I wonder if I’ll feel like this at the end of this month.
- I am sleeping better and more soundly
- I’ve lost a teeny, tiny amount of weight (but I think I should have lost more considering how all the experts say that it makes you fat–I think they’re wrong)
- I seem to have way more time on my hands
- I am able to write more quickly and creatively (you may not agree with that)
- I can drive anytime
- I am saving heaps of money
- My skin is clear and less dry
- I am now a herbal tea aficionado
- I feel virtuous
- I sing songs from the Sound of Music all the time
Right then. Let’s see how it goes this time round. The Sound of Music? Really? Image