OK, this is not an original post, but it’s so accurate that I’m borrowing from it. I discovered it while putting in long hours researching for this blog (well long hours surfing the internet and looking at youtube).
It’s from Collegecandy and is called the 11 things you’ll do in your 20s that you’ll regret in your 40s.
- It feels better without condoms sex. STDs, herpes, warts–yuck, yuck, yuck. And don’t forget the big one–a little bouncing bundle of joy from a gene pool picked up at the end of a drunken night. Oh dear.
- Stilettos= bunions. That’s right Victoria Beckham, isn’t it?
- Tanning. Age spots, liver spots, BCCs, freckles, wrinkles, pigmentation. Oh how I regret the Queensland sun.
- Not finishing school.Yep, you’ve been there for years, doing a great job, so why do those little cows with the university degrees keep getting your promotion.
- Bad credit. Do you want to live in that rented hovel clutching your Prada bag for the rest of your life? Do you?
- Not traveling enough. I see in your future marriage, mortgages, overtime and screaming children. You won’t be able to find the cash for your must have 4WD let alone a romantic holiday to Rome.
- Smoking. You look cool and sophisticated right? No you don’t. You’re killing yourself, getting yellow skin and those little mean cat’s bum lines around your mouth.
- Getting married too early. Oh god that was me. No, I don’t regret it but lots of other do.
- Choosing guys over your girls.
- Trendy tatts (or tatts of any sort). I’ve had lots to say on this matter. You’ll be sorry. Grandma Kellie said so.
- Risque internet photos. Don’t do it. Have some class. Repeat after me–I am not a porn star nor do I aspire to be one.